- 2015-10-06 08:05:00
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk to Bainton & Ashton Parish Council. The parish comprises the village of Bainton and hamlet of Ashton, at the northern edge of Peterborough City Council’s administrative area. Precept income for the year 2019/20 is £7,800.
The role includes the post of Responsible Financial Officer, and the calling and minuting Council meetings. The successful candidate will need:
• Accurate administrative and financial skills
• Confident knowledge of MS Office applications, internet and email
• Ability to meet deadlines and work alone with initiative
• An interest in community life
• Ability to attend monthly or bi-monthly meetings on a Tuesday evening
• Willingness to attend training courses
• Certificate in Local Council Administration or equivalent, or willingness to work towards it
The Clerk is an employee of the Council and working approximately 20 hours per month, with overtime as required. Pay is in accordance with current Salary Scale for Part Time Clerks, at a full-time equivalent starting point of £19,554, depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2019.
Please contact the current Clerk for an application pack:
Catherine Franks, by email at: email@example.com